PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
PEER REVIEWED WORKS
- Roberts, Stacy N., and L.M. Foster. “Citizens of a Watershed: The Colorado River Compact and The Exigencies of Drought.” Environment & SocietyPortal,ArcadiaSpring2016,no.1. Http://www.environmentandsociety.org/node/7403.
- Foster, L.M., Bearup, L.A., Molotch, N.P., Brooks, P.D. and Maxwell, R.M. Energy Budget Increases Reduce Mean Streamflow More Than Snow-Rain Transitions: Using integrated modeling to isolate climate change impacts on Rocky Mountain hydrology. Environmental Research Letters , 11(40), doi:10.1088/1748-9326/11/4/044015, 2016. *Highlighted by ERL.
- Pribulick, C.E., Foster, L.M., Bearup, L.A., Navarre-Sitchler, A.K., Williams, K.H., Carroll, R.W.H, and Maxwell, R.M. Contrasting the hydrologic response due to land cover and climate change in a mountain headwaters system. Ecohydrology , doi:10.1002/eco.1779, 2016.
- Foster, L.M., and Maxwell, R.M. Using sensitivity analysis to determine effective hydraulic conductivity and mannings n parameters at multiple modeling resolutions in a mountain headwater catchment. Hydrological Processes . Expected submission Feb 2018.
- Foster, L.M., Williams, K.H., and Maxwell, R.M. Contrasting model complexity under a changing climate in a headwaters catchment. Water Resources Research . Expected submission April 2018.
- Foster, L.M., Bearup, L.A., Carroll, R.W.H., Williams, K.H., and Maxwell, R.M. Snow estimation across spatial and temporal scales in Rocky Mountain headwater basins. Journal of Hydrology. Expected submission August 2018.
- Foster, Lauren, Stephen Maples, Alejo Kraus-Polk. “In a Water-scarce West of the Future, Who Will Be Hit Hardest?” The Conversation. 29 June 2015.
- Maples, Stephen, Lauren Foster, Alejo Kraus-Polk. “Is California’s Drought a ‘New Normal‘?” California WaterBlog. 15 July 2015.
WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS
- Organizing, CCWAS IGERT State of the Science and Policy Workshop: Water Scarcity in the West, Davis, CA. 14-15 July 2015
- Invited Seminar, Grand Junction Geological Society and Mesa State University, Grand Junction, CO. Nov 18th, 2015
- Foster, Lauren and Reed Maxwell. “Nonlinearity Between Grid Resolution and Climate Change in Headwater Catchments” vs. energy budget.” Modflow and More. June 1-3 2015. *Winner: Best Student Presentation Award (~50 total presentations)
- Foster, Lauren and Reed Maxwell. “Arid mountain sensitivity to seasonal climate change impacts: precipitation phase American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting 2015. *Winner: Outsanding Student Paper Presentation (top 3% of ~10,000)
- Foster, Lauren, James Beisman, Reed Maxwell, Lindsay Bearup, Ken Williams, Rosemary Carroll. “Development of simulation capabilities to model hydrologic partitioning and biogeochemical cycling at the Berkeley Lab’s East River field site.” U.S. Department of Energy Principal Investigator Meeting, Washington DC. Apr 25-27, 2016.
- Foster, Lauren and Reed Maxwell. Nonlinearity Between Grid Resolution and Climate Change in Headwater Catchments American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting 2016.
- Bearup, Lindsay & Foster, Lauren, Kenneth Williams, Rosemary Carroll, and Reed Maxwell. “Observing and Modeling Snow American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting 2016.