- Foster, L.M., Williams, K.H., and Maxwell, R.M. Resolution Matters when Modeling Climate Change in Headwaters of the Colorado River. Science. 2019. Currently Under Review.
- Maples, S.R., Bruno, E.M., Kraus-Polk, A.W., Roberts, S.N. and Foster, L.M. Leveraging Hydrologic Accounting and Water Markets for Improved Water Management: The Case for a Central Clearinghouse. Water. 2018, 10, 1720, doi:10.3390/w10121720.
- Foster, L.M., and Maxwell, R.M. Sensitivity analysis of hydraulic conductivity and Manning’s n parameters lead to new method to scale effective hydraulic conductivity across model resolutions. Hydrological Processes. 2018;1-180 https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.13327.
- Foster, L.M. Modeling Climate Change Impacts to Rocky Mountain Headwater Hydrology. Colorado School of Mines. August 2018.
- Pribulick, C.E., Foster, L.M., Bearup, L.A., Navarre-Sitchler, A.K., Williams, K.H., Carroll, R.W.H, and Maxwell, R.M. Contrasting the hydrologic response due to land cover and climate change in a mountain headwaters system. Ecohydrology , doi:10.1002/eco.1779, 2016.
- Foster, L.M., Bearup, L.A., Molotch, N.P., Brooks, P.D. and Maxwell, R.M. Energy Budget Increases Reduce Mean Streamflow More Than Snow-Rain Transitions: Using integrated modeling to isolate climate change impacts on Rocky Mountain hydrology. Environmental Research Letters , 11(40), doi:10.1088/1748-9326/11/4/044015, 2016. *Highlighted by ERL.
- Maples, S.R., Foster L.M., Alejo Kraus-Polk. “Is California’s Drought a ‘New Normal‘?” California WaterBlog. 15 July 2015.
- Foster, L.M. and Roberts, S.N. “Citizens of a Watershed: The Colorado River Compact and The Exigencies of Drought.” Environment & Society Portal, Arcadia Spring 2016, no.1. Http://www.environmentandsociety.org/node/7403.
- Foster, L.M., Maples, S.R., Kraus-Polk, A.W.. “In a Water-scarce West of the Future, Who Will Be Hit Hardest?” The Conversation. 29 June 2015.
AWARDS and HONORS
- Best Poster Presentation Award (top of ~100 presentations). Conference on Data Analysis. Santa Fe, NM. March 2018.
- Best PhD Presentation Award (top of ~50 presentations), Chevron Geological Engineering Fair, Colorado School of Mines. February 2018.
- Blue Waters Fellowship (<10% of PhD applicants. Graduate support, living stipend, and 50,000 hours on Blue Waters HPC machine), National Science Foundation. April 2017.
- Department of Energy Science Graduate Student Research award: Berkeley National Lab (awarded to fund full-time graduate work at a National Lab facility). April 2017.
- Mann Grant (discretionary funds awarded to fund exceptional research proposals in the fields of geosciences, hydrogeology, and water management). March 2016.
- Outstanding Student Presentation Award (top 3% of ~10,000 presentations). American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting. December 2015.
- Best Student Presentation Award (best of ~50 presentations), Modflow and More 2015: Modeling a Complex World. June 2015.
- National Science Foundation Climate Change, Water, and Society IGERT Trainee (2 years of graduate support and stipend), UC Davis and Colorado School of Mines. April 2014.
- Dean’s Fellowship Merit Award (awarded to a select number of incoming graduate students across all departments), Colorado School of Mines. April 2014.
Resume (short). For a full CV please do not hesitate to contact me.